Sunday, January 10, 2010

Being very lazy and proud of it.

I received an email from Debi requesting that I post on my blog. OK not much news except this year we had a lot more snow than usual. There is still snow on the ground! Today I have been dinking around on the Internet. I have been watching movies from Netflix thanks to Margaret and Dan. I saw a documentary on Greece. I have a friend over there that has been there for almost 10 years. I noticed that Saffron was a spice used a lot over there in cooking. I guess it grew wild, I am just assuming. I made a Jewish meal as you know and my recipe called for Saffron which is expensive and I could not find it, I did find Mexican Saffron which I thought was the real deal. NOT! Saffron I was told is similar to Turmeric. So I guess I will be buying that unless Holly can get Saffron cheap there and will mail me some. She is not very good at answering Q'S.

I have been so darn lazy that I have not even filmed any videos that I really want to do. Do you think it is AGE? I hope not. I was given an Amish bread starter called friendship bread and I hope I am going to follow through today because it is the 10Th day! Wish me the best on that I need all the help I can get!

That's all folks! Lazy has kicked in again!
Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunti! Sorry I missed this post. I have now changed my blog reader so any future posts won't be missed. (Hint Hint. Nudge Nudge.)

    I try not to be be too harsh on myself about being lazy in Winter. Especially while having a wintery winter, which sounds like you are.

    Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world. Ounce for ounce it more expensive than gold. I have used saffron before, but my taste buds didn't go Wow. So, without the wow-factor, why spend so much on so little? At least that's the way I think. Perhaps I haven't had good saffron, which is likely.

    I hope you made something with your Amish bread starter. I've had several batches. All eventually got thrown out. So....never give me any!

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete